Thursday 24 May 2012

Thank God! We aren't the same..


There is that feeling which you can't exactly put in words. The feeling of being yourself. Being so content, so happy and high on self esteem that you would not want to change.

Ever wondered the limit of perfection or acceptability? Well, that's one point we often miss out. I, too, had been missing out on it until recently.

Its a person's aura, they say. But I would want to name it differently. I see it as a personal wall set up around a person which has loud and clear messages signed on it. Whether somebody would approach you or not when you are in their vicinity is majorly governed by our personal walls.

Etching out this wall is no big deal. Its almost automatic. But putting off the wall and becoming more approachable is one daunting task. I said daunting not because you have to battle against someone else. The most difficult battle ever is the one against ourselves. Whether it is about hitting the snooze button on alarm or it is about visiting the once-a-dear-friend.

In most of the cases, including myself, the reason behind being unapproachable is some bad experience in the past or even a mindset that we refuse to overcome. Probably, because we fail to understand that each individual is unique. Just because a guy that age once irritated me, I don't have enough reasons to ward off all guys that age or all who bear resemblance with him. Because once an aunt in the neighborhood spied on me and my boyfriend, do I stand my decision of hating all aunties in my neighborhood? Of course No!

The point here is that if I enjoy and am proud of my individual existence and its uniqueness, so are others. Who are we to expect them to merge into our likes? Had it been a mono-personality world, just think how boring things would be! For people had same tastes and likes, nobody would have even bothered to manufacture so many flavors of ice cream... Just one color and just one thought!!

This world, in my opinion, is good being one... but nothing else. Lets respect our differences and enjoy variety, for, monotonous life is no life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment