Thursday 13 September 2012

Fair, Slim & Beautiful


Thank God! My fair skinned mom married my fair skinned dad and i was born fair in skin. Alright, One criteria matched.

Time for second one. I am not sure if I am slim, but yes! I fit into the smallest size of clothes available in market and I am fit & healthy. So, am I slim? Well, not sure! Because then I have chubby cheeks and a round face which doesn't let me look slim in my photographs. So, that remains open ended.

Next and the third criteria of being beautiful. Aah! None of my subjects that I studied till my MBA taught me the meaning of Beautiful. The best thing I ever read about beauty was that it lied in the eyes of the beholder. Beholders!!

Ever since I remember, I thought flowers were beautiful. Butterflies were beautiful. My mom was beautiful. Although i did not have a reason to call them beautiful except that they made me happy and bought me smiles. But then my thought process suffered a set back as I grew up. No! I did not stop thinking the way I did but because I came across too many people with whom my thoughts could not find a pace.

There were friends getting married and before that, there were those hunts for a suitable partner. The most dicey word was "suitable". No! not because I had my own definition for it but because the parameters of suitability were sometimes weird and most of the time hilarious!Irrespective of what the guy was all like, be it his personality or choice or whatever you can think of, he wanted a Fair, Slim and Beautiful bride... and what for? The prompt reply from his family would be "He will have fair kids"..again..what for? So that the kid would grow up to be beautiful and attractive and find a suitable partner.

I wanted to show them that I would be the same person whether i grew fatter or darker. I can't be suitable for you unless we are on the same Frequency. And there was the catch! "Frequency" is an alien word for our society that is supposed to be an aftermath of westernization. Hell No! Who spread this rumor? Have no idea about whom to hang till death for this.

The craziest of things happen when you get to see the guy's photograph or meet him in person. Most chances are that if he emphasized on having an all-criteria-matching type of wife, he will turn out to be someone who doesn't meet any of those criteria himself... But that's okay! When you interact a little more, you get to know that according to his official DoB (which is not original), he happens to be younger to you and therefore, chooses to marry an officially younger wife! I cannot help myself from calling him a fake. Is he really not?

I want to reach out to such people and tell them to first decide what does a spouse mean to them? Whether they need a partner for life or an arm candy?

For me,Honesty in a relationship is the fairest thing to do, Slimmer the misunderstandings, the better and Love is the most Beautiful...and I choose to fall in Love and be someone's "perfect match for Life" and beautiful forever!

There is, of course, someone who can see beyond my physical appearance and fall in Love with the Heart I have for him...

Good Luck to all of You for finding your "Perfect Matches"! Stay Blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment